Reminding myself of the goals I had set for 2011 I discovered that I have accomplished the majority of my goals for 2011.
To recap my goals for 2011 were.
Sit and pass my VCP vSphere 4 Exam Sat and passed my exam on the 23rd of December
Improve my VMware product knowledge (VMware View in particular) Having installed VMware View in my homelab and played with ThinApp my knowledge of both has greatly improved.
Produce more technical content for this site (as well as my-homelab.com ) I had produced more content including a couple of videos but those were done for my-techvideos.com instead.
* Move more into the VMware Virtualisation platform market and less of the Microsoft one. I took a position with a major online gambling company in their Windows Team
Become a recognised VMware blogger (I want my vExpert). Obviously not in the same league as other bloggers but with 22k unique visitors to my blog in 2011 I am happy with that.
Continue to improve my home lab environment. Yes on this one, I have continued to play with various technologies including various SAN\NAS providers as well as other technologies
As you can see the goals I set in 2011 were pretty wellWhat that’s meant for me is that my goals for 2011 were both realistic and in the main, achievable. It also means that I have to improve my goals for 2012 which could be difficult.
My goals for 2012 are.
* Sit and pass my VCP vSphere 5 Exam
* Sit and pass my VCA-DT 4 Exam
* Continue to produce technical content for both this site and my-techvideos.com
* Continue to grow my VMware blogger status (I still want my vExpert), this includes attending more VMUG’s as well as VMworld 2012 this year.
* Continue to build up my home lab environment and experiment with various technologies.