So I have been fairly quiet recently and this is due to current work commitments. Work have undertaken a large Cloud Project which is great for me as it’s giving me an opportunity to gain an insight to vCD, vCOPS and the rest of the vCloud Suite of products.
With the area that I am heading in I started looking at the training requirements needed for vCloud certification and there are currently two different exams dedicated to the Cloud, as luck would have it though they both pretty much have the same knowledge requirements.
VCP5 – Cloud is a new exam coming soon from VMware that will directly test you on both the vSphere and vCloud products, whereas the IaaS exam requires that you already have the VCP5 – DV certification and in addition have to pass the VCPVCD510 exam (which is based on the VMware vCloud- Deploy and Manage the VMware Cloud [V1.5] course although the course isn’t a requirement to attend unlike the VCP course).
As usual VMware offer the exam blueprint which is divided into 5 main sections.
- Section 1: The Exam
- Section 2: Intended Audience
- Section 3: Objectives covered in the VCPVCD510 Exam
- Section 4: VCP-IaaS Paths and Course Requirement Options
- Section 5: Additional Resources
Whilst the blueprint is all important the most important section from an exam perspective is section 3, here you will find all the objectives needed to be able to pass the VCPVCD5 exam and gain the VCP5 – Cloud certification.
Throughout the blueprint you will see a number of guides. I decided it would be a good idea to have them all listed in one place
- vCloud Director Installation and Configuration Guide
- vShield Manager Quick Start Guide
- vCenter Chargeback Manager Installation and Upgrade Guide
- vCloud Connector Installation and Configuration
- VMware Journey to Your Cloud
- Architecting a vCloud
- VMware vCloud Architecture Toolkit (vCAT)
- Using vCloud Connector
- vCloud Director Administrator’s Guide
- vShield Administration Guide
- vCloud Director Security Hardening Guide
- vCloud Director User’s Guide
- vShield Edge Design Guide
- vCenter Chargeback Manager User’s Guide
- vCenter Chargeback Best Practices and Troubleshooting Guide
- Using vCenter Chargeback with vCloud Director
- vCloud Director Performance and Best Practices
- vCenter Server and Host Management guide
- vSphere Networking guide
- vSphere Storage guide
In addition to the above reference material there is currently one course available from Trainsignal which is the http://www.trainsignal.com/VMware-vCloud-Director-Essentials.aspx, Trainsignal also have an additional course under development http://www.trainsignal.com/VMware-vCloud-Director-Organizations-Training.aspx which covers vCloud Director Organisations. I can’t comment on either course material as I haven’t seen either (the latter for obvious reasons) but if past form is anything to go by I would expect good things from them.