I recently discovered (accidentily I should add via Twitter) that VMware have awarded me the vExpert title for 2012, this award is based on my previous years contribution to the world of everthing-virtual 🙂 and is awarded to people who have contributed to the VMware community either through forum posts, VMUG presenting or blogging. I look forward to receiving the email from VMware in the not too distant future 🙂
I started my blog back in 2010 with the intention of expanding my experience and exposure to the virtualisation market and can honestly say that getting the vExpert was definitely something I was aiming for (admittedly I didn’t think I would get it this year but the blogging and various forums I post to helped my site rankings earlier this year so I had hoped that it would help my chances).
Having recognition for my contributions to the community is part of the reward I get from blogging and posting on forums and the vExpert to me is the thing that tells me I am doing the right thing.
I try and put a lot of effort into blogging and whilst I may not be the most prolific of bloggers I hope that what I do contribute help those who need it.
To ensure that I am not a one hit wonder where the vExpert is concerned I know I need to keep up with what I have been doing so these are some of the things I have planned for the rest of the year.
- Regular posts on www.Everything-Virtual.com
- More content on www.My-TechVideos.com
- Update my VCP and VCA-DT guides to cover more of the exam material
- Carry on attending the #LONVMUG and #UKVMUG’s and networking with my peers
- Continuing to post on forums such as www.certforums.com and www.tek-tips.com as well as the VMTN forums and Twitter